You are here
2017 FLW Canada Rules and Regulations
2017 FLW Canada Rules and Regulations
2017 FLW Canada Rules
- FLW Canada memberships are per season, no matter what date of purchased! Because we are seasonal, fishing eligibility is per calendar year.
- All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation and to conduct themselves in a manner that will be a credit to themselves, to FLW, FLW’s sponsors, the sport of fishing and FLW’s efforts to promote the sport. Conduct not complying with these standards includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Violation of, or failure to comply with, any of the rules for the 2017 FLW Canadian Tour.
- Consumption and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or any kind of mind-altering substance during registration or tournament hours extending through the weigh-in procedure.
- Abuse of, or addiction to, mind-altering substances.
- Suspension/disqualification, probation or ban from any tournament or fishing organization.
- Any other words, conduct or actions reflecting unfavorably upon efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament rules, or which fail to comply with the standards set forth.
REFUND CUT OFF
- A) Full payments (minus deposits) are refundable up to 2 weeks prior to events
- B) No refunds will be given 24 hours prior to blast off for each event (7am Fridays)
- Only one competitor may younger than 18 year of age. Competitors under the age of 18 MUST arrange written and verbal consent between both parents and tournament director.
- All competitors agree to preform a lie detector test if asked by tournament director. If any test is being ordered, the cost for the test will be covered from a equal percentage of all paying positions.
- Any verbal or physical abuse to any FLW Canada representative will be a automatic disqualification and suspension for length of duration tournament officials see fit. Zero refunds in disqualification or suspensions.
- FLW Canada does have the right to refuse entry from any angler or team if FLW Canada believes the refused entrants are trying to harm or damage FLW Canada, competitors or the sport. All FLW Canadian events are classified as open Invitational events.
- No FLW Canada competitor is to contact FLW headquarters in ANY type of grievance. You must deal directly with FLW Canada officials. Suspensions can be handed out if caught doing so. FLW Canada will contact FLW on your behalf if needed or supply you with the FLW contact needed.
- Every competitor fishing FLW Canada sanctioned events must purchase a FLW Canada annual membership to be eligible to compete. FLW Canada memberships give eligibility to fish FLW sanctioned events in Canada and the United States. This does not included sanctioned events for the other international countries, or cbaf/tbf.
- FLW Canada boat numbers must be clearly visible and put either on motor or flagstick. Loss of markers are cost of $10 per set.
- It is mandatory that minimum 1 team member attends pre tournament meetings. Meetings will be scheduled for 4pm Friday of each event. If you can not make the meeting, you must inform the tournament director for reason and have a representative in your place attend. It will be the teams responsibility to receive new last minute rules and event information through the replacement that attends in your behalf.
- No pre-fishing after 2pm on days before events. 1 member must attend pre tournament meeting (see events schedule)
- Un-sportsmanship behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in immediate disqualification and possible suspension from all other FLW Canada events.
- All sponsor prizes will be dealt with between Winner and Executive, contacting FLW Canada sponsors on your own behalf will not be tolerated, and may result in loss of prize or suspension. The FLW Canada will hold no responsibility of prizes being delivered.
- *** Please be respectful of all land owners, other boaters, no wake zones, and sanctuaries. Complaints received against a team will receive a warning, second complaint may lead to disqualification. If a land owner asks you to move on, PLEASE do so.***
- A 12 inch minimum length is required (from tip to tip).
- If an undersized fish is brought in, a penalty of 1 pound will be enforced and short fish released immediately.
- Total weight of 5 fish per day (large or small mouth bass only).
- Tournament time: Sat 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sun 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- You may compete alone or as a team of 2 anglers per boat.
- Your boat must be insured and have $1,000,000 liability coverage.
- When under power of main engine you must have your life jacket on. You must also have the kill switch cord attached to you.
- Livewell is mandatory and must comply with the MNR Catch and Release Rules.(coolers as live wells are not permitted)
- Artificial lures only. No live or dead bait or preserved baits allowed (pork rind allowed).
- Landing nets are allowed.
- Only largemouth or smallmouth are allowed on board during tournament hours.
- A fish must be alive and able to swim away on it’s own to qualify for the Big Fish Prize pool.(weigh master has final call)
- You may only win one Big Fish Prize per team.
- A boat may not come to shore during the tournament. Exceptions: weather conditions, injury, or illness. For washroom duties you may return to weighin location if needed. A boat check will need to be preformed at this time.
- You may have your legal limit of fish in your livewell (in accordance with MNR Regulations) but you must cull to 5 fish before starting your main engine. A 1 pound penalty will be imposed for each extra fish and largest fish will be culled.
- There will be a 0.50 pound penalty for each dead fish weighed in. The penalty will be applied against the total catch. If a fish cannot swim away on its own even though it’s breathing, it’s dead. You have 5 minutes to revive it in the presence of a FLW official. Fish in trouble must be weighed in before 3:45. Cutting in line after 3:45 for fish problems will not be accepted. Scales are open all day!!!
- FLW Canada does NOT have a distance rule. It is impossible to measure true distance on water. This does however fall under the unsportsmanlike rule. Encroachment within casting distance of another team is clearly unsportsmanlike. (See unsportsmanlike rule)
- Locking is not permitted during any FLW Canada event.
- Boats will be inspected for compliance of regulations at launch time. Tournament officials can inspect your boat at anytime during the tournament.
- A 1 pound penalty will be issued for each minute that a team arrives late. No exceptions for being late (breakdown, out of gas, lost etc.)
- You can transfer your fish to another boat in the event of a breakdown. Your bag must be kept in its weigh bag and in a separate livewell and return to headquarters immediately. Co-anglers must switch boats. Tournament officials MUST be notified.
- Day 1 Blastoff is in order of registration. At 7:00 a.m. your number will be called and you must proceed as indicated by the tournament director. Flights system will be ran of no more than 42 teams per flight. Full fields will be
- Saturday Sunday
- A) 1-42 7am-4pm 1-42 7am-3pm
- B) 43-85 7:30-4:30 43-85 7:30-3:30
- C) 86-125 8:00-5:00 86-125 8:00-4:00
- The use of cell phones or other electronic communication devices is prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification. Allowable exception is a distress call to the tournament director.
- The Weigh Master has total authorization over the entire weigh-in procedure.
- You may request a second weigh-in and that reading will become your official weight.
- You may not come into contact with any other boat. Exception to this rule as defined in the boating regulations is you must assist a boat in distress. It is recommended, if possible to call and inform the tournament director. Lending repair tools, or giving water to another team is an exception to assist your fellow anglers. Sharing tackle is not permitted.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on board at anytime, or at any event sites unless your completed weighin procedures, and in a fully licence establishment.
- Prizes shall be awarded on a pure weight basis, minus penalties. All prizes are awarded as team prizes.
- In the event of a tie. The Largest Bag between those teams tied over the weekend will determine the highest finisher.
- In the event of bad weather (fog, storms, etc.), the start of the tournament may be delayed until it returns to a safe level. The tournament end time will not be extended.
- Anytime during the tournament should you need clarification on a rule or a special circumstance please feel free to call the tournament director at 613.802.1382 to discuss (if cell service is available). It is your responsibility to carry a copy of rules onboard at all times.
- FLW Canada has a ZERO TOLERANCE rule for any form of altercations on site. Please walk away and bring any issues to a staff member to deal with the issue. Failure to do so will lead in automatic disqualification and suspension of ALL teams involved with zero refund.
- You MUST see the Dock Master for direction at weighin. No team will be accepted to weighin without his approval, scales are open early if you are in a hurry, teams coming up without his go ahead WILL be sent back.
- No Team is allowed to trailer the boat at a weigh-in with fish onboard! In accordance with the MNR, you must possess a transportation of fish permit to do so. Any team caught bringing trailered fish to the scales will receive automatic DQ. Teams Making FLW Championship day 3 cut will all be given a permit at the Saturday night meeting, and must have in possession to trailer fish to the weigh in site.
- Any Team charged with an offence by the MNR, O.P.P., Q.P.P., NY State or any municipality officials will be automatically disqualified.
- Reporting rule infractions on teams, must be accompanied by another team witness., or possess 100% clear evidence against the infracting teams. Tournament director has final decision on acceptance of statements and or proof of infractions, and penalties handed down.
- Not following tournament procedures may result in disqualification or penalties that can be enforced by the Dock master, Weigh master or Tournament director.
- A) Any team that finishes in the top 5 in any of the 3 qualifying events move on.
- B) Top 25 Teams by points, that do not get a top 5 in all 3 qualifying events move on.
- C) 1 Drawn elite membership purchaser
- If a team qualifies 2 or more times with multiple top five finishes, the spots are not replaced to lower placing teams. The 42 field size will just be reduced.
- If a team qualifies by using multiple partners, it is up to the registered boat captain to chose who he wishes to fish the championship with.
- To be eligible to fish the championship, all anglers must have a FLW Canadian membership and participate in minimum 1 regular season FLW Canada qualifier.
- Failure to not follow all rules listed above or government fishing or boating regulation will result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. This includes any violation you get charged with from a conservation or police officer.